한국유학 > 유학정보
- EPIK(English Program In Korea) -
The Korean Ministry of Education invites qualified candidates to apply for the English instructor positions at primary and secondary schools throughout Korea.
The EPIK, English Program In Korea, is a government sponsored program that qualified native speakers of English are always welcome to apply.
This serves as an excellent opportunity for both beginning and veteran teachers alike to build a professional teaching career while sharing knowledge and culture with students and teachers of the Republic of Korea.
Applicants must :
• Be a citizen from a country where the primary language is English.
• Have received a Bachelor's degree in any discipline.
• Be mentally and physically healthy.
• Have a good command of the English language.
• Have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and living.
CONTRACT PERIOD : One year(yearly renewal)
※ Includes 8-day unpaid mandatory orientation in late Feb.
• 8 hours per day, 5 days per week
※ Actual class instruction hours shall not exceed 22 hours per week.
※ Teachers will not be required to work weekends or national holidays.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Salaries range from 1.8 to 2.7 million won per month
• Free single furnished housing (utilities not included)
• Entrance allowance (1.3 mill Won) & Settlement allowance (300,000 Won)
• Exit allowance (1.3 mill Won)
• Severance pay (about 1 month's salary)
• National Health Insurance (50%)
• Paid vacation for 18 working days
• Free orientation
APPLICATION PERIOD: April 1 - June 1, 2012
* Early application is preferred.
• A completed application form
• A copy of diploma (Apostille is necessary)
• A sealed original transcript (not opened)
• Two recommendation letters
* Recommender’s name, title, mailing address, telephone number, email address and relation with the applicant should be indicated on it.
• A criminal record check (FBI level; Apostille is necessary)
• A copy of passport photo page
• Others (Optional; Refer to epik.go.kr)
WASHINGTON DC OFFICE
Korean Education Center
2320 Massachusetts Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20008
For further information, please visit the website http://epik.go.kr.