한국유학 > 유학정보
TEACH and LEARN IN KOREA (TaLK) Program
The Korean Ministry of Education invites qualified undergraduate students to apply for the Korean government scholarship to teach and learn in Korea.
Selected scholars will receive Korean government scholarships and teach English in after-school classes of Korean elementary schools while enjoying cultural experience programs for the duration of one year contract starting in february, 2014.
This serves as an excellent opportunity for ethnic Koreans and foreigners to be exposed to the language and culture of Korea while sharing knowledge and culture with Korean students.
Citizen of a country where English is the primary official language
(Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa., U.K., U.S.A.)
※ Ethnic Koreans with legal residencies are eligible also.
An undergraduate student with two or more years of university education, or a college/university graduate
※Ethnic Koreans who are in their 1st or 2nd year of college/university are eligible also.
• One scholarship term lasts for the duration of one (1) year. The scholarship may be extended for an additional period. In some exceptional cases, TaLK scholars are allowed to contract for the duration of six (6) months*.
* Applicants who are currently enrolled in an academic school year and whose
school’s policies restrict to take a leave from their academic enrollment
longer than 6 months.
* Applicants whose schools signed mutual agreements (MOUs) with NIIED and
offers a credit based program along with TaLK
※ Undergraduate(Applicants who are currently enrolled in an academic school year) can choose 6 months or 1 year, but Seoul TaLK committee gives preference to 1 year contract.
* Applicants(Graduate and Graduate-to-be) who have confirmed employment, a transfer to another higher education institute or an admission to a graduate school right after the first 6 months of TaLK contract will be allowed to contract for the duration of 6 months. ( Certifying document is needed : a copy of an admission letter to a higher education institute, etc)
→ 1-year scholarship: February 2014 - January 2015
→ 6-month scholarship: February 2014 - July 2014
• Overseas Korean males who are dual/multiple citizens or permanent residents in one of the aforementioned countries must choose the six (6)-month contract and should directly contact the Military Manpower Administration to determine the total duration of his stay in Korea.
Scholarship of 1.5 million KRW per month(except for the preparatory orientation session)
Rent-free furnished housing arrangement
Entrance and Exit allowance(each 1.3 million KRW)
Medical insurance cover
One-off settlement allowance
Opportunities to participate in cultural programs
Korean language acquisition
Free preparatory orientation session
Paid leave of total 7 working days(per 6 months)
APPLICATION PERIOD: September 1, 2013 ~ Decemebr 13, 2013
* Early application is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.talk.go.kr and participate in the interview while submitting the required documents to the following Interview Center.
* Interview Center for the States of DC, VA, MD and WV
Korean Education Center
2320 Massachusetts Ave. N.W.
Washington, DC 20008
A completed application form A
A completed application form B - a personal medical assessment & a personal essay
A photo file ※Preferably a passport-sized identification photo in JPEG format
A lesson plan (for a 40 minute English class)
A sealed transcript
Two signed and sealed recommendation letters
A criminal record check (FBI level record & Apostille required or state-level record & Aposilled reqired)
<An apostilled, state-level criminal record check applies to applicants who have lived in the same state
since the beginning of high school >
A copy of your passport photo page
A copy of legal residence certificate (for Korean nationals)
About the detailed information on application procedure, documents, etc, Refer to the attachment(Spring 2014 TaLK Prospectus). or www.talk.go.kr.
For more information, log on to www.talk.go.kr or call 202-939-5681.